Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Fifteen:

Day Fifteen:

Well I talked about it yesterday but today I decided to do a little car shopping. Drove to a few lots and after comparing gas mileage and prices... hahaha, I kept expecting a car salesmen to come out and say "Well, normally I don't do this but since you seem like a nice guy, if you drive this off the lot today not only will it be free but I will cut that price in half!"

I decided on a nice black brand new Jeep Patriot. Almost went with a hybrid SUV but you know what? Even in the end of days I just can't see myself driving around in some gay minivan that is pretending to be an SUV. Somewhere I am sure an ex-hume former environmentalist is growling because of my choice but, since the daily car use has probably dropped from billions to hundreds or low thousands well, at this point I wouldn't feel guilty driving a hummer that ran on Condor blood.

Not to mention, even though I was focusing primarily on gas mileage it is sort of a bullshit statistic to focus on since as soon as I got home I went to work on fortifying the car and thus, completing destroyed whatever preset gas mileage numbers it might have been cranking out. Although it no longer looks "pretty" it does now have thick metal screen bolted to all of the windows including the windshield. Unfortunately I don't know how to weld anything so I just drilled some holes and then filled them in with silicone caulk. No idea if that will keep the rain out or not but, keeping the rain out isn't exactly at the top of my list of things I need to keep out of my car.

Really wanted to try to protect the tires as well but I'm not sure how to do that. Tomorrow I might go back to Home Depot and see about getting some metal plates that I could cover the tires with.

AJ thinks I am crazy for going to that extent since, we haven't really seen any overt signs of aggression from the ex-humes yet but better safe than sorry right? Plus, its not exactly like I have a job to go to anymore.

Or friends.

Or anything outside of videogames and movies.

Kind of weird to think that this year may very well be the last year a new movie was ever made. Maybe tomorrow I will see if AJ wants to try to figure out how to get one of the local theaters fired up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment