Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Twenty Four:

Day Twenty Four:

AJ had a really good idea the other day that I thought I would share with, an audience that doesn't exist. Hahaha, oh diary humor you slay me.

Anyway, his idea was to attach a camera to a remote control car so that we could maybe follow a herd or pack or flock or gaggle or whatever you call a bunch of bloodthirsty primal humans traveling together. We tried it out but unfortunately every time we would get near anything worth watching the noise from the car would scare them off like a vacuum scares dogs.

Eventually we wound up just driving the car to places where there were lots of bones and just leaving it in park. I have to admit, it was sort of fun waiting for a couple of them to get close and then scaring them off for no particular reason. I wonder if this is the new fun.

After that, we talked a little bit about his reluctance to pool our resources and set up shop together somewhere safe. I told him about the aggressive ex-hume that tried to attack me and he actually agreed that staying together at all times made the most sense.

However, he also explained that it would take him a little longer before he could get used to the idea that everything he used to know and love was gone. He couldn't explain it much better than that but, its a step in the right direction I suppose. We also found some walkie talkies that we can keep in contact with and agreed that whenever we went outside we would make sure the other person was on the other end listening just in case.

Sort of like the "I've fallen and I can't get up" commercials, except with disembowelment as a possible outcome instead of a broken hip.

Last thought of the night, lately I have been thinking about movie soundtracks a lot since this whole ordeal feels like a horror movie minus the gore or fear or... maybe a horror movie is the wrong genre. Maybe a Apocalyptic episode of Seinfeld would be better. Point is, if I had to pick a song to sum up the world as we now know it I think I would hands down have to award the prize to Metric with their only good song "Help I'm Alive"

Because really, it almost feels like they somehow knew what was coming before it happened.



"I tremble
They’re gonna eat me alive
If I stumble
They’re gonna eat me alive

Can you hear my heart beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer
Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer
Hard to be soft, tough to be tender
Come take my pulse, the pace is on a runaway train
Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer

If you’re still alive
My regrets are few.
If my life is mine,
what shouldn’t I do?
I get wherever I’m going,
I get whatever I need
while my blood’s still flowing
and my heart still beats."



See what I mean? We will never be able to prove it but, at this point I am 90% certain that the band Metric orchestrated this entire disaster. Assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment