Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Seventy Three:

Day Seventy Three:

I walked in on AJ today and found him sitting in a chair with a fully loaded revolver in his lap.

In the pre-exhume world this type of discovery would have lead to me possibly calling an ambulance, possible hospitalization, therapy, care sessions, all sorts of prescribed hugs, etc...

Now days though I just kind of looked at the gun for a while, then at AJ. After I shrugged he picked the gun up off his lap and put it in a drawer. Suicide isn't frowned upon nearly as much when you are living in a doomed world with no chance for survival. In fact, although I can't imagine killing myself I have been tempted on a few of my more depressed days to ask one of my new friends if they wouldn't mind putting a bullet through my head.

Horrible right?

We will survive a monster virus, a feral threat, and the myriad of other problems that come with the collapse of society only to be murdered by our own minds. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment