Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Seven:

Day Seven:

AJ said that his wife and kids are all starting to act out. The last time he heard an actual word from them was two or three days ago and now, he has to keep them in seperate rooms or else they start making aggresive noises towards each other. I asked if they were walking at least but apparently, the most they can do is stand before getting confused and falling back on the bed.

I guess that would explain why traffic is so light or rather, non-existent lately. Sort of hard to drive a car if you don't know how to stand up. We talked about whether maybe the disease was some sort of Alzheimer’s only, multiplied but he didn't think so. Because if that were the case, they would be docile.

He mentioned that they were all bitey lately as well and that so far he had managed to avoid getting bit which is good since even though we seem to be immune to the airborne version of Scari, who knows if direct blood contact operates differently.

I asked if he needed anything and he told me that if I could find him some doorknobs with locks on them he would be able to sleep better at night.

So after we talked I made a trip over to the local Home Depot and managed to open the door with the back of my car. In addition to top of line locks I also managed to liberate a variety of home fortifying tools along with quite a bit of bottled water and other various tools that might be useful including:

A chainsaw (Hey, it worked in Evil Dead)
Nailgun
Incredible array of wood/nails/screws/man stuff
Heavy duty kevlar lined gloves (Thought AJ might want some too)
Duct tape
Rope
Chain
Backup Generator
Lightbulbs (Not because of the apocalypse, but a couple lights in my house were out)

I'm sure there is quite a bit more than I am forgetting like huge roll of metal fencing I took for no particular reason but that is the long and short of it.

Anyway, I will write more tomorrow. Lifting all that stuff tired me out more than I thought it would and now I just wanted to lock up and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment