Monday, January 17, 2011

Day One:

Day One:

I don't really see the point of keeping a journal. I never did as a kid, I never did as a teen, and if things turn out the way they normally do, I probably won't as an adult.

But, I was told by someone close to me that writing is supposed to be relaxing and that the more you write the more you pull out of your heart and off your mind. That sounds fine to me so we will see how that goes.

Today was run of the mill. Went to work, worked, came home. Had to cover for Dave since he was sick. Seems like everyday I am covering for someone who is sick and I am sick of it. Hardy fucking har. Seriously though, the red cross needs to come to my work and look into why everyone is either sick or committing time leave fraud.

Either that or someone needs to give me a raise. Because I am never sick. In fact, the only time I call in sick is when it's sunny out. And not because I'm actually sick, but because I'm just sick of being at work.

Back to my job though, blah. Even my boss was sick this week. Being sick is one thing, but as far as I can tell the people getting sick aren't getting better. Five days ago we were at almost 98% capacity. Ok, maybe I made that number up. But five days ago it seemed like only one person out of fifty was missing.

But now today, it's closer to 50% capacity. The news has started talking about a new kind of flu but, I figure this is just the preface to a new and improved set of medicine commercials that will save the day provided you have enough money to be saved.

I suppose thats how it always go. The rich stay rich and healthy while the poor stay dead and buried.

Maybe I'll call in sick tomorrow just to make the fuckers in charge appreciate me a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment