Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Seventy Eight:

Day Seventy Eight:

I put off waiting as long as I could. I kept hoping that if I gave him enough time, AJ would decide to go with me. Problem is, waiting a minute turns into an hour. Then the hour becomes a day. And before you know it, you're in a wheelchair fighting off mutated humans with a cane.

No thanks.

I loaded up the vehicle, packed all the supplies I could think of and just as I was about to make a go of it... AJ came running out shouting "NO WAIT, WAIT!"

Of course, I waited. He agreed to go but, he pleaded with me to wait a few more days. At first I was hesitant but he explained that with a few days of leg work we could plan our routes, back-up routes in case the original routes were blocked, and back-up routes for the back-up routes along with as many contingency plans as we could think of in case the unexpected happened.

Which we have learned, it seems to do more and more these days.

He pointed out to me that I hadn't even thought of first locating some sort of road atlas which would be extremely useful once we left our immediate surroundings.

Despite how anxious I was to leave, I can confidently say that it feels good to be able to spend a few more days at home. Because now at least we seem to be putting a dot on a map. Having a goal is a beautiful thing, even if that goal is something as simple as point A to point B.

No comments:

Post a Comment