Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Thirty Five:

Day Thirty Five:

Today I went about the arduous task of figuring out how to shoot a gun without making lots of sound. Because I figure that if my goal is to get these creatures away from my house, it doesn't really make sense to pin my hopes on a plan that requires the ex-humes to hear a church bell that would be all but drowned out by a loud ass gun shot.

So I took a handgun and started making a bunch of crappy homemade silencers. If the ATF still existed I am sure that they would be knocking on my door in an attempt to ask me more than a few questions. Actually, the ATF probably are knocking on my door but, more in an attempt to eat me than anything else.

So I first tried shooting my gun through a pillow since that always works in the movies and just makes a little "Pfft" sound. In reality it makes a super loud BOOM along with a murdered pillow. Thanks Hollywood.

After that I tried all sorts of crazy shit. Tried towels, an old hat, a balloon, a potato (Which actually did better than most of the other crap), and apple (mmmm applesauce with bullet filling), and in the end settled on a 2 liter pop bottle. However, before settling on that I learned that if I stuffed a bunch of steel wool that I found in my garage inside the pop bottle, well... even quieter.

Don't get me wrong, it is still loud as hell. But compared to the sound without it, I guess it is silenced, or rather suppressed. When I shot it on the end of my rifle it still did a pretty good job of quieting the sound to the extent that if I manage to line the gun up properly, and am able to see over the pop bottle with the sights, and the bullet doesn't deflect too much when it blows out the back of the pop bottle... I might have a chance.

AJ is now officially out of food so we have decided that tomorrow morning I will try to hit the church bell and then hopefully, make a mad dash for his house at which point he will shoot a bunch of ex-humes in the street and try to jump onto the roof of my jeep while they are distracted.

Throw in a random explosion and maybe a sword fight and we have all the making for a stellar action movie.

Seriously though, if this doesn't work he is more than likely dead. Or if I chicken out, he is dead. Or if I make an effort and they get me, dead. So hopefully, we will manage to avoid death by some miracle.

And hopefully whatever miracle granting deity is flying around that day won't be too pissed off at their shot up church bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment