Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Forty:

Day Forty:

Today AJ suggested I try writing poetry or haikus to help me relax. I told him poetry is for girls and he just gave me one of his looks so I said I would give it a try. Here is my favorite so far:

This isn't a dream
We are not going to wake up
Our living nightmare

Or

Everywhere I look
I see a familiar face
That wants to kill me

I showed them to AJ and I guess I was missing the point since he just shook his head and raised his hands in defeat. Fortunately, that gesture was enough to make me laugh which made him laugh and yeah, our prison is a little brighter.

We talked over some plans of what we should do. He suggested that we could probably make the majority of the ex-humes leave if we left the generator off for a few days and tried to exist in silence. I thought about it and although it makes some sense since, most animals wouldn't stick around if they thought their food was gone.

However, for all we know they can smell us now. Or smell the food I have stockpiled in here.

Worst come to worst though, at least it is one option to try although... as boring as a normal day is, I can't really bear to think how crazy I might go if I had to stay quiet for 3 days or so.

Silence made of gold
Behold the wealthy quiet
Behold sheer boredom

I asked AJ if he thought we could kill the majority of those things outside my house. He wasn't sure but judging by his previous psychopathic tendencies, I think we might have something to occupy our time similar to the celebrity sniper bit from the new Dawn of the Dead movie.

While I was still thinking about slow motion head shots, AJ said, "It would be better if we could just poison them, then the ones that ate them would die too. One big vicious cycle of death."

I told AJ that if we ever find some sort of survivor colony, and then learn to play instruments... we are starting a band and naming it "Vicious Death Cycle". Our album cover would be a handgun riding a motorcycle, and our songs would be nothing but death metal haikus.

If this were a movie, I would expect Ace of Spades by Motorhead to be playing during the montage of us forming the band and making it BIG TIME in the post apocalyptic uninfected human colony. Since its not a movie, the hardest thing I could find to play in the background while I write this is Collective Soul's song "Shine". Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment